- Sylvia is a #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author whose work has appeared on dozens of bestseller lists worldwide. She is a #1 bestseller in 15 countries.
- Bared to You and Reflected in You were both listed on Amazon.com and iTune’s Top 10 Bestselling Books of 2012 round ups. Bared to You also made Nielsen’s Top 10 Bestselling Adult Fiction Books of 2012 list. In the UK, Bared to You was the #6 bestselling book of 2012 and Reflected in You was #19.
- Sylvia’s work has been published under multiple imprints by twelve publishers, including HarperCollins, Kensington, Macmillan, Penguin Group, Harlequin, and Random House.
- Sylvia’s books have been published in thirty-nine international territories. She has been a top five bestseller in twenty-five countries.
- Sylvia is recognized on Romance Writers of America’s Honor Roll.
- Reflected in You sold 286,000 digital copies in its first six days on sale. It debuted at #1 on the New York Times combined print & eBook fiction list… even though the paperback had yet to be released.
- The Crossfire series has been optioned by Lionsgate and the property is in the early stages of development.
- Sylvia’s work has been covered in Time, Variety, People, First for Women, Self, Wall Street Journal, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, and Entertainment Weekly–to name just a few. She was also a trivia question on the television game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- According to BookScan, which tracks approximately 85 percent of the retail sales market in the United States for physical books, of the top 26 titles classified as “Erotica” or “Romance/Erotica” for the first 50 weeks of 2012, Sylvia’s Bared to You (re-issued 6/12) and Reflected in You (released 10/23) outsold the next 20 titles combined by 34 percent.
- Sylvia was elected to serve as President of Romance Writers of America for the 2012-13 board year. She has served on the Board of Directors since 2009.
- Sylvia’s work has been nominated for Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® Award of Excellence twice.
- Sylvia was honored with a nomination for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Author.
- Bared to You was recommended by the editors at Amazon as one of the 2012 Best of the Year in Romance.
- Sylvia has been honored with the National Readers’ Choice Award twice.
- Sylvia has been honored with the RT Book Reviews Reviewers’ Choice Award and her work has been nominated for the award multiple times.
- Sylvia’s work (both published and pre-publication manuscripts) has been honored with over a dozen awards and been nominated or named a finalist for dozens more.
- Sylvia’s Readers’ Choice win in Lori Foster’s Brava Novella Contest led to the sale and publication of her first book.
The following photos are available for download in .zip format. All images are jpgs; pixel dimensions denote height. Please let Sylvia know where you post your article so we can link to it. Thanks.
Please contact Sylvia’s publishers for the following:
- Request for ARCs (Advanced Reader Copies)
- Book signing inquiries
Please contact Sylvia’s agent for:
- Anything having to do with publishing rights
Please contact Sylvia’s publicist for:
- Publicity and media requests
Are you a bookseller or librarian? Sylvia has lots of great resources and materials for you on her site!
- This page that you’re on, the Media & Events page, includes downloadable photos, industry news, career highlights, and more.
- The Extras page, which includes links to e-postcards, downloadable goodies, Sylvia Day tshirts, and more.
- Her Contact page has newsletters for you, publicity contacts for book signings, and more!
- Also visit Sylvia’s Scribd page, where Sylvia regularly uploads promo ads, bookmarks, promotional cards, Press Releases, featured magazines, and lots more!
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Contact Sylvia »
- Omnivoracious: Sylvia Day Whets Our Appetite for “Entwined with You”–and More Crossfire (May 2013) — To whet our appetites and make waiting for Entwined with You‘s arrival a little easier, Amazon Romance expert Alyssa Morris spoke with Day about what’s next for Gideon and Eva, her upcoming collaboration with Harlequin and Cosmopolitan, her all-time favorite romance novels, and much more.
- Neu: Der Sex-Roman des Jahres Cosmopolitan (January 2013) — Verboten Direkt! Die erregendsten Szenen aus dem US-Bestseller Versuchung.
- Gray Matter? A New Day Publishers Weekly (July 2012) — Dick Donahue covers the success of Bared to You. Read the PDF (will open in a new window).
- RT Book Reviews (October 2011) — A Touch of Crimson is featured on the cover of RT Book Reviews!
- “Fall 2011 Announcements: Fiction: Romance: Damsels Who Rescue Themselves” Publishers Weekly (June 2010) — Fiction reviews editor Rose Fox discusses empowered heroines in romance novels, using Seven Years to Sin as an example and naming it one of the Top Ten Romances of Fall 2011.
- “Historical Romance at the 2010 RT Booklovers Convention Guest Blog: Smart Bitch Sarah” (May 2010) — Blogger Smart Bitch Sarah reveals what went on at the popular historical romance panel, which featured Sylvia Day, Victoria Alexander, Sally MacKenzie, Victoria Dahl and Courtney Milan discussing writing, creating historical characters, and their upcoming books.
- “All In a Day’s Work” RT Book Reviews — Sylvia Day gets busy with new series and a pseudonym or two.
- RT Book Reviews (May 2009) — Eve of Darkness is featured on the cover of RT Book Reviews! Click on the cover image to the right to read the PDF (will open in a new window).
- “Who Is Sylvia?” RT Book Reviews — The Debut Brava Author Reveals Her Many Sides
- Top Ten Dead-Sexiest Hero Types RT Book Reviews — Author Lucy Monroe gives us an insider’s look at Friday Morning’s “Top 10 Dead-Sexiest Hero Types” panel which was presented to readers at the convention by Dianne Castell, Sylvia Day, Erin McCarthy, LuAnn McLane, and Lucy Monroe.
Also visit Sylvia’s Extras Page to find workshop articles and handouts that Sylvia has written.