Subscribe to Sylvia's News
- Sylvia is a #1 New York Times and #1 international bestselling author whose work has appeared on dozens of bestseller lists worldwide. She is a #1 bestseller in 23 countries.
- Sylvia’s work has been published domestically under multiple imprints by twelve publishers, including HarperCollins, Kensington, Macmillan, Harlequin, and Penguin Random House.
- Sylvia’s books have been published in over forty international territories. She has been a top five bestseller in twenty-five countries. In 2013, she was the #6 most-searched author on Google.
- Sylvia has been the subject of trivia questions on the television game shows Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? and Jeopardy!, as well as a Kit Hoover recommended read on Access Hollywood Live.
Sylvia was elected to serve as the 22nd President of Romance Writers of America for the 2012-13 board year. She served on the Board of Directors from 2009-13. Sylvia has also been recognized on the RWA Honor Roll.
- Sylvia dominated The Bookseller’s e-book ranking list in the first three months of its existence, almost doubling the digital sales volume of Dan Brown’s Inferno, which was the second-bestselling title over the same time period. Of the top twenty bestselling titles, three were Sylvia’s.
- According to BookScan, which tracks approximately 85 percent of the retail sales market in the United States for physical books, of the top 26 titles classified as “Erotica” or “Romance/Erotica” for the first 50 weeks of 2012, Sylvia’s Bared to You (re-issued 6/12) and Reflected in You (released 10/23) outsold the next 20 titles combined by 34 percent.
- Reflected in You sold 286,000 digital copies in its first six days on sale. It debuted at #1 on the New York Times combined print & eBook fiction list… even though the paperback had yet to be released.
The following photos are available for download in .zip format. All images are jpgs; pixel dimensions denote height. Please let Sylvia know where you post your article so we can link to it. Photo credit: Ian Spanier Photography 2014. Thanks.
- Sylvia’s work has been nominated for Romance Writers of America’s prestigious RITA® Award of Excellence twice.
- Sylvia was honored with a nomination for the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Author.
- Bared to You was recommended by the editors at Amazon as one of the 2012 Best of the Year in Romance.
Sylvia was interviewed about the business of romance writing by Kai Ryssdal, host and senior editor of Marketplace.
The Associated Press
Sylvia Day Signs for New Romance Series
January 2014For the fourth time in the past year, the author best known for her “Crossfire” series has completed a major book deal.
Neu: Der Sex-Roman des Jahres
January 2013Verboten Direkt! Die erregendsten Szenen aus dem US-Bestseller Versuchung.
Sylvia currently writes for: Penguin Random House, Kensington, HarperCollins, and Macmillan
Contact them to request Sylvia for book signings.
Contact Kimberly Whalen at Trident Media Group, LLC to request Sylvia Day endorsement quotes or for anything having to do with publishing rights.
Contact Jon Cassir at CAA for motion picture and television rights inquiries.
Contact Fran Curtis at Rogers & Cowan for publicity and media inquiries.
Contact for issues with the site.
- German rights to Sylvia Day’s A Dark Kiss of Rapture, again to Stefanie Broesigke at Heyne, by Sylvie Rosokoff at Trident Media Group, on behalf of Kimberly Whalen. — Publishers Marketplace (April 7, 2014)
- Croatian rights to Sylvia Day’s 4th and 5th titles in the NYT bestselling Crossfire series, again to Znanje, by Blanka Daroczi of Andrew Nurnberg Associates Budapest, in association with Meredith Miller at Trident Media Group on behalf of Kimberly Whalen. — Publishers Marketplace (March 29, 2014)
- Czech and Slovak rights to Sylvia Day’s 4th and 5th titles in the #1 NYT bestselling Crossfire series, again to Fortuna, by Marta Soukopova of Andrew Nurnberg Associates Prague in association with Meredith Miller at Trident Media Group on behalf of Kimberly Whalen. — Publishers Marketplace (March 7, 2014)