Entwined with You
The worldwide phenomenon continues as Eva and Gideon face the demons of their pasts, and accept the consequences of their obsessive desires...
From the moment I first met Gideon Cross, I recognized something in him that I needed. Something I couldn't resist. I also saw the dangerous and damaged soul inside--so much like my own. I was drawn to it. I needed him as surely as I needed my heart to beat.
No one knows how much he risked for me. How much I'd been threatened, or just how dark and desperate the shadow of our pasts would become.
Entwined by our secrets, we tried to defy the odds. We made our own rules and surrendered completely to the exquisite power of possession...
- Entwined with You, released in June, took spots among the top ten bestselling books of 2013 on year-end sales round ups throughout the world: #1 fiction book on iTunes UK, #4 fiction book on iTunes US, and #8 on Amazon’s Top Ten Best-Selling Books of 2013 (overall – print and Kindle combined).
- Check out the frequently asked questions about the series »
- Check out the Crossfire Series Wiki for in-depth analysis »
- Catch up on all the Entwined with You snippets »
- Grab the countdown widget for your blog and/or website »
- Check out the Pinterest Entwined with You board »
- Keep up with the Crossfire series on the Crossfire Series Facebook page »
- Crossfire buttons, magnets, and clothing for women and babies at the Crossfire CafePress shop »
Share this Excerpt
This excerpt contains adult material. It is intended for readers 18 years of age or older.
I shed my clothes across the bathroom floor en route to the shower. While I lathered, it was impossible not to think of the times I’d showered with Gideon, occasions when our lust for one another had fueled starkly erotic encounters. I missed him so much. I needed his touch, his desire, his love. My craving for those things was a gnawing hunger, making me restless and edgy. I had no idea how I was supposed to fall asleep when I didn’t know when I’d get a chance to talk to Gideon again. There was so much that had to be said.
Wrapping a towel around me, I left the bathroom—
Gideon stood just inside my closed bedroom door. The sight of him spurred a reaction so abrupt it was like a physical blow. My breath caught and my heart lurched into an excited rhythm, my entire being responding to the sight of him with a potent rush of yearning. It felt like years since I’d last been with him, instead of a mere hour.
I’d given him a key, but he owned the building. Getting to me without leaving a trail that could be followed was possible with that advantage… just as he’d been able to get to Nathan.
“It’s dangerous for you to be here,” I pointed out. That didn’t stop me from being thrilled that he was. My gaze drank him in, roaming avidly over his lean, broad-shouldered frame.
He wore black sweats and a well-loved Columbia sweatshirt, a combination that made him look like the twenty-eight-year-old man he was and not the billionaire mogul the rest of the world knew. A Yankees ball cap was pulled low over his brow, but the shadow cast by its brim did nothing to diminish the striking blue of his eyes. They stared at me fiercely, his sensual lips drawn into a grim line. “I couldn’t stay away.”
Gideon Cross was an impossibly gorgeous man, so beautiful that people stopped and stared when he walked by. I’d once thought of him as a sex god and his frequent—and very enthusiastic—displays of prowess constantly proved me right, but I also knew he was all too human. Like me, he’d been broken.
The odds were against us making it.
My chest expanded on a deep breath, my body responding to the proximity of his. Even though he stood several feet away, I could feel the heady attraction, the magnetic pull of being near the other half of my soul. It’d been that way with us from the very first meeting, both of us inexorably drawn together. We’d mistaken our ferocious mutual captivation for lust until we realized we couldn’t breathe without each other.
I fought the urge to run into his arms, the place where I so desperately wanted to be. But he was too still, too tightly reined. I waited in exquisite anticipation for his cue.
God, I loved him so much.
His hands fisted at his sides. “I need you.”
My core tightened in response to the roughness of his voice, the rasp of it warm and luxurious.
“You don’t have to sound so happy about it,” I teased breathlessly, trying to lighten his mood before he got me beneath him.
I loved him wild, and I loved him tender. I’d take him anyway I could get him, but it’d been so long… My skin was already tingling and tightening expectantly, craving the greedy reverence of his touch. I feared what would happen if he came at me full force when I was so starved for his body. We might tear each other apart.
“It’s killing me,” he said gruffly. “Being without you. Missing you. I feel like my fucking sanity depends on you, Eva, and you want me to be happy about that?”
My tongue darted out to wet dry lips and he growled, sending a shiver through me. “Well… I’m happy about it.”
The tension in his posture visibly eased. He must’ve been so worried about how I would react to what he’d done for me. To be honest, I’d been worried. Did my gratitude mean I was more twisted than I realized?
Then I remembered my stepbrother’s hands all over me… his weight pressing me into the mattress… the tearing pain between my legs as he rammed into me over and over…
I trembled with renewed fury. If being glad the fucker was dead made me twisted, so be it.
Gideon took a deep breath. His hand reached up to his chest and rubbed at the area over his heart as if it hurt him.
“I love you,” I told him, my eyes stinging with fresh tears. “I love you so much.”
“Angel.” He reached me with quick strides, dropping his keys on the floor and shoving both hands into my damp hair. He was shaking and I cried, overwhelmed by the knowledge of how much he needed me.
Tilting my head to the angle he wanted, Gideon took my mouth with searing possession, tasting me with slow, deep licks. His passion and hunger exploded across my senses, and I whimpered, my hands tangling in his sweatshirt. His answering groan vibrated through me, tightening my nipples and sending goose bumps racing across my skin.
I melted into him, my hands pushing the cap from his head so that my fingers could sink into the silky black mane of his hair. I fell into the kiss, swept away by the lush carnality of it. A sob escaped me.
“Don’t,” he breathed, pulling back to cradle my jaw. He looked into my eyes. “It shreds me when you cry.”
His beautiful eyes looked as weary as mine. He nodded grimly. “What I did—”
“Not that. How I feel about you.”
He nuzzled his nose against mine, his hands sliding reverently along my bare arms—hands with proverbial blood on them, which only made me love his touch all the more.
“Thank you,” I whispered.
His eyes closed. “God, when you left tonight… I didn’t know if you’d come back… if I’d lost you—”
“I need you, too, Gideon.”
Entwined with You is a Book 3 in The Crossfire Series. The full series reading order is as follows:
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #23
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #22
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #21
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #20
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #19
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #18
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #17
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #16
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Chapter One
- ENTWINED WITH YOU – Snapshot #15
- Entwined with You in 2013 Entwined with You, released in June, takes spots among the top ten bestselling books of 2013 on year-end sales round ups throughout the world: #1 fiction book on iTunes UK, #2 fiction book on iTunes Canada, #4 fiction book on iTunes US, and #8 on Amazon’s Top Ten Best-Selling Books of 2013 (overall – print and Kindle combined). Sylvia was the #6 most-searched author on Google in 2013.
- Gideon Cross Nominated as Best of the Year! Thank you, readers! Entwined with You was nominated for Best Romance Book of 2013 in the Goodreads Choice Awards and made it all the way into the final round! The winner will be announced on Dec 3rd.
- #1 in France Enlace-moi, Entwined with You in French, is the #1 bestselling book in France!
- Entwined with You in German Erfüllung, Entwined with You in German, is the #1 bestselling book in Germany!
- Entwined with You Entwined with You debuted at #1 in the U.S. on the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Publishers Weekly lists.
- RT Book Reviews:
“Day’s highly anticipated third Crossfire novel is worth the wait. Eva and Gideon’s relationship reaches a new level, and while they continue to struggle with mistakes from their past, there’s no denying the fiery passion that blazes between the two. It’s been a delight watching Eva grow into a strong, confident woman, and even Gideon makes some progress as a partner worthy of such a fantastic heroine.” — June 2013
- The Irish Independent:
“Day takes romantic love by the scruff of the neck and injects it with a Class-A drug for added intensity, but in Entwined with You also produces a love story that is ultimately sophisticated, engaging, clever and sweet.” — June 2013
- Dear Author:
“...the characters are compelling, and the book itself is well written and the characterization is interesting. The sex scenes in this book are extremely hot and they do advance the connection between the characters.” — June 2013
- Night Owl Reviews:
“The Crossfire series raises the bar... Although they may have been victims in the past, they are no longer. Strengthen by their resolve to take control of their lives, instead of being controlled by their past; both Eva and Gideon display great character development. I highly recommend Entwined with You.” — June 2013